Tuesday, April 17, 2012

He-Said, She-Said

4-17-12

Lauren,

Hey.  It took me a while, but I am finally back with a new letter.  Sometimes you just have to take a break from something before you can get any new ideas and move on with it.  That's what I had to do with this.  Sometimes the thoughts just come to me, other times I have to sit back and wait for them to show themselves.

Today I come back with an interesting topic, one that you would think would die as you get older.  But rest assured, gossip and drama never die, not even with age or maturity.  No matter what you do to get rid of it in your life, it will find a way back in.  It can be through something someone else said or done, it can be because of how you react to something, it can be because it was fabricated for someone else's gain.  Either way, drama never dies.  In the past few days, at 24 years old, I've found myself tangled up in something like this.  It's not the first time it's happened (I am a girl, and as a girl, it happens a lot). In the past, I might have been the one to start it, unfortunately.  But in the past few months I've buried anything or any relationships that had caused me the "need" for drama.  It's very peaceful.  So how, you might ask, have I found myself in the middle of something lately? He-said, she-said stuff.  I'm telling you now, stay away from it.  It's no fun.

I think how we react to things, like drama, partially defines who we are as people.  It's a thought I've considered greatly over the last few weeks, and care to discuss more in depth at another time.  How do you react to drama and gossip? At 13, I know it's got to be prevalent in your everyday life.  Learn from me and my friends.  Don't spread rumors, don't start stuff, and don't be the bully.  It's nothing you should be proud of.

Keep your head up!

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment