Sunday, April 1, 2012

Solitude

3-31-12

Lauren,

Life can be a little overwhelming sometimes. It's not rare that people get caught up in their everyday routines, and all together forget what it's like to enjoy a little solitude every now and then.

I've found myself enjoying quite a bit of solitude lately despite the hustle and bustle of my everyday life.  For me, this is a big accomplishment.  It wasn't that long ago that I found myself restless and unable to cope with the quietness of being by myself.  Back then, if I even spent one day at home by myself I would find myself searching for some way out of it, contacting any friend I could to find some peace.  Here I am today, though.  My best friend is out of town, my phone sits silently next to me, and I am able to sit here and write in a quiet house.  And I do this all knowing that I have no plans ahead of me for the day.  It's kind of a great feeling.

People aren't just overwhelmed by everyday routines, though.  They are also swamped with emotions, and those things that cause those emotions.  This is the thing I find myself dealing with again.  The stresses that come with things like responsibility, health and friendships are all things that I am facing right now.  I wouldn't say that I'm exactly struggling, but it I don't deal with these stresses in the right way, I may find myself overwhelmed and consumed by them in the future.  Know what I mean?

I hope you are able to enjoy some solitude like I have been able to lately.  Every now and then we need a little time alone to remember who we are, and to do those things that, by ourselves, keep us grounded and in the right place.

Keep your head up!

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment