Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Back to the Past

3-27-12

Lauren,

Ever hear someone say something like "Things were so much easier when we were kids," or "I wish I was in high school still when I didn't have to worry about adult stuff?"  It's true, those times were a lot easier in so many ways.  There were no bills, no pressures about getting married and having kids, and no stresses about where to live.

Me as a toddler with no worries!

Yes, those times were nice, but sometimes people spend so much time and energy living in the past that they don't get to live in today.  You're probably wondering why I'm talking about this.  I found a quote by Audrey Hepburn today that I really liked, and it got me thinking about all of this.  It says:

"Living is like tearing through a museum.  Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering- because you can't take it in all at once." - Audrey Hepburn

It would be nice to live a fun-filled life where all I worried about was homework, but at the same time I have experienced so much and learned many things as an adult.  As Audrey Hepburn talks about, living is about trying new things, making mistakes, and creating new memories.  You look back on those memories, learn from them, and move on to make new memories.

Lauren, you're at a very important point in your life right now, and what you're going through is an experience that you will probably never forget.  Learn from it, but don't dwell on it.  If I were to dwell on all the bad things I've been through, I probably wouldn't be here right now.  Learn from it, become a stronger person, and then move on to the next new memory.

Keep your head up!

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment