Sunday, March 11, 2012

Unsure

3-11-12

Lauren,

Hello.  I'm not sure if you've noticed lately, but I'm slacking a bit in the letter department. I think I have an explanation for this, or at least a better understanding of why I haven't been able to write much lately.  One, I just don't know what to write anymore.  It's not that I'm running out of ideas.  I just don't feel like I have going anything in my life lately that is really worth writing about. 

I would say life has felt a bit "empty" lately, for a lack of a better word. I'm finally back to work, which is awesome, but everything else seems to be changing.  More and more often lately I find myself wondering about the things that used to be so solid for me.  One major thing is my friends.  This is one of the hardest parts about growing up.  People change, and so your friends change.  My friends that I have had for years all of sudden feel very distant to me, and I find myself turning to newer friends for the stuff I would normally go to my BFFs for.  This definitely bothers me.  I'm trying to accept the change, but that is never easy.

Thank goodness I'm still sure of myself.  That is about the only thing I can be sure of these days.  Jobs change, friends change, guys come and go, but I know who I am and so hopefully, as long as I work at it, I won't ever lose that.  I'll try my best to find worthwhile things to write to you about.  I try to look for the good and bad to tell you about, but sometimes it's just easier to focus on the bad because when it's there, it's usually screaming in your face. 

Keep your head up!  I know I'm trying to keep mine up, too.

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment