Monday, March 26, 2012

I'm an Older Sister?

3-26-12

Lauren,

It's the weirdest thing, but I'm just now starting to feel like an oldest sister.  I don't know why it took me 23 years to finally feel that way. . .maybe it's your age, or the fact that Chrysta is engaged and has a kid.  Either way, it's a strange yet refreshing feeling.

I think it kind of hit me the other day when I asked you about your best friend.  When you told me it's a boy and that he's 15 I was like "Whaaaat?!"  I guess that instinctive older sibling protective vibe kicked in and I actually noticed it.  It made me feel old.  My little sister, who is ten years younger than me, is old enough to make me worry about her and boys. . .I am old!

But all jokes aside, it is a weird thing being an older sibling.  As I think I told you before, I never really cared about being the oldest, or really ever gave it any thought until now.  Now that you're old enough to start making some big decisions I am going to worry about whether or not you'll make the right choices.  I'm going to worry about how I influence you.  But, you are a good kid, and if you're anything like your older sisters, you'll be fine. :)

Keep your head up!

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment