Monday, March 19, 2012

Smallest Good in the Biggest of Bads

3-19-12

Lauren,

Hey.  You probably noticed, but I'm still pacing myself a bit here lately with these.  During my little break from writing letters, though, I have been taking some time to think about stuff, and to find both the good and bad in every day.  So let's talk about one of the good and bad things from this past weekend. . .

Saturday night I lost my voice. Gone. Out of nowhere, too. The only way I could talk was to whisper, or to take the time to text whatever I was trying to say.  It was annoying.  If you know me well enough, you know that I love to sing.  I like to talk, too, but singing is something I have to do pretty much every day, and if I can't, well I'm one sad Meghan.  And so, there I was. . .St. Patrick's Day weekend, no voice, and I couldn't sing.  So sad :(

I am me, though, and somehow I still manage to find humor in everything, even the sad things.  So of course, between my friends and I, we definitely found some humor in my lack of voice.  Walking into Walmart yesterday with Megan and Emily, I found myself trying to laugh.  Between the laughing making it worse, and the fact that my vocal chords were all out of whack, I ended up sounding like one of the Chipmunks while I was laughing.  And of course, this led to more laughing.  The cycle was endless.

This is something I've been trying to do lately: finding even the smallest good in the biggest of bads.  If I couldn't and didn't, I'm not quite sure where I'd be right now.  Things have been rough lately, as you can tell through my lack of letters, but I push on.  Hope you're doing okay. Keep your head up!

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment