Friday, March 2, 2012

Random Would Be the Right Word

3-2-12


Lauren,

Hey there.  I know, I know.  It's been a few days since I last wrote.  I have an explanation for that.  See, with all this nothingness going on around me lately, I don't feel like I have too much to write about.  And everything I could write about, well it all seems very trivial.  For instance, I dyed my hair again yesterday.  Not too much knowledge that you can pull from that, right?  Right.  I did learn that if dye is kind of burning your scalp and bleaching your fingers that you might have gotten something a little strong, but that's beside the point.

I haven't had too many experiences that I could really learn from as of lately.  I've been dealing with a lot of the trials that come with being single (I know, sooo difficult right?), but they're starting to repeat themselves so I'm not really learning much from it.  In fact, being single is really starting to confuse me a bit.  When someone tells you to call them, and you don't call or text them for four days, why do they feel the need to call you? They should get the hint.  Same goes when you tell someone that you're probably going to end up hurting them.  I'm not trying to be mean.  I'm just trying to save these guys some heartache and headaches.  I really don't get it.

Another thing I haven't been getting much of lately: hours at work.  It's been a month since I had surgery, but I wasn't able to work for a while, and so hours at work have been scarce for me lately.  I finally get to go back to my one job this week, though, so I'm pretty excited about that.  And I got a call yesterday saying that I might be able to pick up even more hours than I had originally thought, so I'm pretty excited.

If I wasn't the positive person I am, all this nothingness would probably put me in a bad mood as of lately.  Thank goodness I'm able to notice the small things that make me happy and make me smile.  I put a quote on my Facebook lately that kind of reminded me of the whole thing.  It's one of my favorites.  It says:

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde

Everyone has down times, crappy times, sad times, but there are some of us that choose to look up and focus on the positive and more beautiful things that happen with each day.  Hopefully you can learn to do this one day.  Keep your head up!

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment