Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Natural State

2-28-12

Lauren,

Last night I decided to take a picture of myself sans makeup and with wet hair, and then put it on Facebook for the world to see.  This isn't something I'd normally do, but here lately I've been trying to love the "natural" me more and more.  If I can't love the natural me, then who can?


I've really gotten into makeup the last few months, especially eye make up.  It's always fun to play with new colors, and to see what works best with my pale complexion.  But at the same time, I hate the way my skin feels suffocated when I wear a lot of make up.  Usually at the end of the day I want nothing more than to go home, wash it all off, and to go back to my natural state. 

Do you like the way you look?  As girls and women, this is one of the things we struggle with the most: our self-image.  I'm getting a lot more comfortable with mine lately; I hope you can be comfortable with yours one day.  It'll take some work, but you'll get there one day!

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment