Monday, February 13, 2012

Trust Me

2-13-12

Lauren,

Hey.  Sorry I flaked on yesterday's letter.  It was a busy day, and I was pretty tired, so I didn't get a chance to get to it. 

I don't know if I've ever talked to you about it, or if you've ever noticed from my letters, but I try to learn something from every day, even if it's just something small.  Today I've had quite a bit on my mind, though, and so I want to talk a little bit about it.

Do you know what it means to really trust someone?  And what trust entails between two people?  This is what I've been thinking about.  I'm not necessarily talking about the trust between a boyfriend and girlfriend, that's not my issue right now.  I'm just talking about two people, whether they're friends or family.  And trusting yourself, well that's a whole other topic. . .

The first thing that people usually think of when talking about trust is confidentiality.  When looking for someone to trust, one of the main things is usually finding someone that can keep your secrets and any other information that you may indulge to them in confidence.  This is a big part of trust.  But for me lately that doesn't seem to be the issue.  What about knowing that someone won't judge you, and knowing that someone will accept you for who you are no matter the flaws?  That's what I'm having a hard time with.  It's never fun to feel like someone doesn't fully accept you, especially when that person is someone you trust.  Am I right in this?

Hopefully you don't figure this out the hard way.  Just because you can tell someone your secrets doesn't mean you can fully trust them.  I'm sure I'll work through this, and things will go back to normal, but until then it will probably sit heavy on my mind. 

Keep your head up, girl.

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment