Thursday, February 16, 2012

I've Got the Blues

2-16-12

Lauren,

Hey!  Well, I would ask how your day went but I did see you a few hours ago, and unless it's changed drastically since then, I think I got a good idea. . .but anyway!  So my letter yesterday was a little sucky.  I don't know what it is lately, but my mind has been in shut down mode, and I'm not doing the best thinking.  I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I've been cooped up in this house so much for the past two weeks.  When you're not out living your normal life, and you're going through your normal routine, it's hard sometimes to really learn any lessons in your day to day life.  At least that's how I feel, anyway.  For me, it's usually about those profound moments of realization, and well, I haven't had many of those lately.

I've definitely been a little down lately.  For anyone who knows me well enough, if I'm playing Gavin DeGraw on repeat, well, we have a problem.  Maybe it's my lack of a social life.  Or maybe it's the fact that I'm not working a whole lot.  Either way, I've been feeling like I'm getting the blues lately and it's so not cool!  What do you do when you're feeling down?  I usually crank the saddest music I can find, and then chase it with the most upbeat dance or hip hop music I have in my collection.  By the time I'm done I'm a sad person bouncing up and down in the driver's seat of my car.  It's probably not pretty.

Well tomorrow is Friday, and a new day.  I'm pretty excited that I get to sleep in.  Hope you have a good weekend! Keep your head up!

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment