Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day?

2-14-12

Lauren,

Happy Valentine's Day...right?  I'm not so sure about you, but today is just another day for me.  But in any case, I decided to dedicate today's letter to the holiday. 

So what do you do when you don't have a significant other to spend Valentine's Day with? For you, you're probably exchanging Valentine's Day cards with friends at school, unless of course you've already decided that you're "too old" and "too cool" for that anymore.  I bought them for my friends all the way up until I graduated from high school, and this year I made them at home with lots of glitter and red and pink, of course. Some single people, like myself, decide to spend the day pampering themselves since they have no one to do it for them.  This morning I made a really yummy breakfast that consisted of pancakes, bananas, and chocolate.  Later I plan to do my makeup with a theme of red and pink.  And I get to have dinner with one of my good friends, too. 

I bet you some people even go so far as to write themselves love letters.  I caught myself earlier thinking about this, and what I'd say to myself if I ever did decide to write myself a love letter.  At first, the idea of writing myself a letter full of nice things to say about myself seemed silly, and a little vain, especially considering how often Mom tells me I have a "swelled head."  But then, the more I thought about it, I don't really think it's a bad idea.  Here's what I imagine I'd say to myself:

Dearest Meghan,

Happy Valentine's Day!  Today is a day all about love, and so I thought I'd take a few moments to tell you what I love so much about you.  First, despite everything you have been through in your 24 years, you are a very strong and determined woman.  While you have your moments when you become down on yourself, and you may doubt who you are, you never give up and always find your way back to who you are.  Second, I love you for your sense of humor.  Sarcastic, dry, or silly as it may be, your sense of humor is what keeps you going every day.  Third, you are observant.  This is how you learn from your mistakes.  And last but not least, you are pretty, even if you have days when you don't feel like it.  So there.  Even though we have really rough days, I just wanted you to know that I love you in every way that you are.  Happy Valentine's Day!

Love,

Yourself

So yeah. . .that was a little silly.  But it's never a bad thing to love yourself, as long as you don't become vain and let it go to your head.  Try it today. . .be your own Valentine. Hope you get lots of Valentines! 

Love,

Meghan


PS- Here's the perfect song for today. Love Song For No One- John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment