Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Queen of Awkward

2-7-12

Lauren,

Hello! How's your day going today so far?  Kind of silly for me to ask considering you can't answer right away, but hey might as well try, right?  Anyway, today was another blah kind of day.  I got my taxes done (yay, adult responsibility!), and did a few things around town with Mom while we were there.  I attempted to eat Subway today, my first fast food after my surgery, and I think I succeeded.  Meghan-1 Food-ehh...well food is the reason I had surgery. But anyway...

Ever have really awkward moments?  I have them a lot.  It's just part of who I am.  I tell Megan all the time that I should be called the Queen of Awkward because, well, I'm just that awkward.  Today I had a few of those moments.  Let's start with the car ride home today.  Mom and I were in the car.  As usual, we were talking about random things, like how awesome I am (note the sarcasm with that), or like how teenagers like to ride around on back roads and park so that they can get some kissing time in.  This, of course, led to a conversation about kissing, which is not something I normally like to talk about with our mother.  You can imagine how that went....it ended almost as quickly as it began!

The next awkward moment came when Mom decided to stop at a cemetery on the way home.  Don't worry, it's not like we stopped at some random cemetery and started creeping on random people's graves.  We went to the one where Mom's mother is buried.  Going to a cemetery has a the potential to be all kinds of things...awkward, creepy, sad...the list goes on.  For me though, who seems to lack some type of sensitive gene in the area of emotion, this was kind of awkward.  For one, I hadn't been there since Mom-mom was buried, or at least that's the last I remembered going there, so I felt kind of bad that it had taken me 16 years to get there.  Of course, then I had to make some typical comment about how I was walking around over a bunch of dead people, and that I hoped they didn't mind.  Luckily Mom kind of understands my sense of humor, so this wasn't as awkward as it could have been...

Do you have a lot of awkward moments? I do.  I've had them for quite awhile, too.  But you want to know the cool thing? I own up to them, and can laugh at them, and so they're not really that bad.  When you're younger, awkward moments SUCK because you don't always know how to handle them.  So, live up to it.  Own it.  You'll see :)  Keep your head up!

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment