Friday, February 3, 2012

BFFs

2-3-12

Lauren,

The last few days have been pretty rough, and that's why I didn't get to write you a letter yesterday.  The pain from my surgery is bad, but I can handle it.  Although pain and no gall bladder are the two most obvious results of the last few days, there is also something else that I came away with.  I realized how many good friends and caring people I have in my life.

Friends are a funny thing.  There are the ones that are always there; these are usually your best and closest friends.  They're the ones that know you the best and that love you no matter what state you may be in.  For me, these are the friends that I trust the most, know the best, and expect the most from.  But then there are the other friends, the ones that you know are there, but that you don't see or hear from as much.  I got to see a lot of these friends this week.  People that I don't talk to a lot, or get to hang out with much, were checking on me constantly and offering to help if I needed it.  Going through what I did this week reminded me that I have a lot of good people in my life.

Friends are important.  It doesn't matter how many you have, or how long you have known them, friends are a great thing to have.  This week I really appreciated my friends.  Take note of the good people in your life, Lauren.  One day you may really need them, and if you take care to keep them around, they'll be there for you.  Friends are like a second family; I'll write you a letter about that one day, too.  Thanks for visiting this week.  You may be my little sister, but you're one of my good friends, too.  Love you!

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment