Saturday, March 10, 2012

I'm a Stubborn Girl

3-10-12

Lauren,

I am one stubborn person.  Add to that the fact that I am also very determined and ambitious, and well, I can do some serious business if I really put my mind to something.  Depending on what my motive is at the time, the outcome can be something great.  Or, it can simply be something silly, like buying something that I've been wanting for some time. 

Here lately, I've been pretty stubborn and pretty determined when it comes to a couple of things.  One, I've recently convinced myself that I'll be getting a new piercing and, gasp, a tattoo somewhere in the near future.  I've always been the one to say that I never want a tattoo because I'm too chicken and it would hurt, but here lately I find myself wanting one more and more.  The more I think about it, the more I'm determined to do it, painful or not.  When I first said I wanted my tongue pierced I told myself I would never get it done because it would hurt.  But then one day this past summer I was sitting at Jamie and Kenny's house in North Carolina and I was like "You know, I really want to get my tongue pierced." I kept saying it over and over again, and I ended up getting it done later that day. I've been doing the same thing lately with the tattoo.  The more I think about it, the more I want to get it done.

I'm also being stubborn lately when it comes to a certain person.  This person drives me crazy, and now I'm telling myself I'm going to ignore them for a while.  I think that's all I'll say about this for now. . .I'm sure there will be more to come later. This is when being stubborn is silly.  But hey, it is me, so what can I say. . .

Either way, I don't think being stubborn/determined/ambitious is necessarily a bad thing.  It helps me to get things done.  This is not to say I'm always this way.  There are days when I'm the complete opposite and don't feel like doing anything.  But it's a good feeling to know that I can do whatever I put my mind to.  I hope you can say the same!

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment