Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Need a Vacation

3-20-12

Lauren,

Hey.  Sometimes when I'm not quite sure how I'm feeling I'll go on to Google and search for quotes that provoke some type of thought within me at that moment.  Today was a day to search for quotes.  While on my quest for the "perfect" quote, I found one that said:

"Vacations are not about 'getting away'- but about getting in 'touch.'" -Chinese fortune

This quote really struck a chord with me today.  With all the stress I've been under lately, and with summer right around the corner, I can think of nothing more than taking a vacation.  Things have been so crazy, and my thoughts have been so jumbled and foggy lately, that the idea of getting away from it all is SUPER appealing.  

While it would be nice to be able to put everything behind me for a few days, perhaps i am feeling a little "out of touch" with myself lately.  Back in the fall after going through counseling all of my thoughts and feelings were extremely clear and easy to comprehend.  But here I am months later, and those things aren't so clear anymore.  

Do you ever feel this way?  If you do, I hope you know how to cope, and that it doesn't last long.  Keep your head up! I know I'm trying to.

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment