Sunday, March 25, 2012

Transitioning

3-25-12

Lauren,

There are a few moments that define us in life, and then there are those times that we change and transition without even realizing it at first.  It usually takes a little while to see the change, and when you finally do it's like "Hey, when did that happen?"

This subtle change that I'm talking about has happened to me a couple of times in the past few years.  There was the change in my weight which gradually increased throughout college.



When I finally noticed it, I couldn't believe I had let it slip past me.  Then finally I did something about it, and now today I'm more aware of my body and how I eat and take care of it.



There were other changes that sneaked up on me, too.  These were more attitude and life-outlook changes than they were physical.  In my serious romantic relationship that I spent years in and working on, I realized one day that my views on marriage and children had changed.  That change became part of why that relationship ended.

Recently I noticed another sudden change in me.  I feel more calm, not necessarily a peaceful calm, but more like I'm finally settling in and giving into "me."  These past ten months or so have been a struggle for me, trying to figure out who I am and what my purpose is in this big world.  And finally, I feel like I'm finally making it to the other side of this "fog" that's been clouding my mind lately.  It's a good feeling.

As humans we should always be changing and evolving into better people.  The moment we stop changing we've either given up or become perfect, and no one is perfect.

Love,

Meghan

1 comment:

  1. Did you post this picture to embarass me? I was making a face, yuck. I look different now, too! LOL -mom

    ReplyDelete