Saturday, January 28, 2012

Do Something

1-17-12

Lauren,

Hobbies.  I know it's silly, but I want to talk to you about hobbies.  Mom told me the other day that you don't want to do band anymore when you get to high school if you go to Decatur (I wouldn't, either).  Despite school rivalry, though, I think you should stick with it.  Hobbies, like band or singing, scrapbooking, or sports are important.  They're part of who you are.  And in a new place like a high school, they'll help you relate to people that you might otherwise never get to know.  And as you get older, these hobbies will be what keep you grounded.  For me, writing in a journal and cooking for my friends are two of the things that I like to do when I'm stressed.  Trust me, you'll figure it out one day.  So don't stop playing that flute!

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment