Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The First Letter

1-1-12

Lauren,

This is my first letter to you.  It is the first day of a new year, so what better way to start this.  Last night as I was standing in Berlin watching the ball drop with no one to kiss, it occurred to me that I was starting 2012 by myself; no boyfriend, no love interest, just me by myself.  I know how as a teenager and young woman so much emphasis is put on finding a guy, settling down, etc.  And I've watched over the last year as my friends and I have gone through guy after guy only to end up hurt.  The most important thing I've learned from this is that you have to be okay with yourself and by yourself before you can ever be okay with anything else.  This isn't easy.  It will take some time.  And yeah, standing there last night alone kind of sucked.  But at the same time, I'm proud of myself for finally reaching the place I'm at today.  I like me :)

Hope you remember this always.  The greatest love you can ever earn, and the hardest to earn, is the love of your own self. 

Love,

Meghan

1 comment: