Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Time to Crawl Into a Hole

1-24-12

Lauren,

Boys. Guys. Men.  Whatever the heck you choose to call them.  They're all a pain to me.  I'm starting to think this is another one of those things that will never change...

Yeah, I know, finding a boyfriend at 13 is not easy...you've got acne to worry about, you don't want cooties, and you're at that awkward stage where you're taller than all the guys by at least a foot.  Trust me, I know.  I was once 13, too.

But guess what?!  Finding a guy at 24 isn't easy, either!  Now, instead of acne or being too tall (both problems I still encounter occasionally), I'm too "intimidating," too "aggressive," or I "think too much."  It seems like no matter what age you are, being single is tough.

And let's not even talk about the kind of guys I attract...younger, has a girlfriend, never texts back, doesn't want a girlfriend, only wants one thing...the list goes on.  It's seriously so frustrating sometimes that I just want to give up!  I even told Megan that I'm going to crawl into a hole and stay there until I'm ready for the suckiness that is dating.

I will tell you this, though (yes, another lesson...there's always a lesson!).  Don't look.  It's as simple, and yet as hard, as that.  Don't look, because the moment you do start looking you'll be willing to settle.  Never settle.  If you and value yourself enough, you'll wait until the right person comes along.

I might as well get comfy because it looks like I'll be waiting for awhile...

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment