Sunday, January 29, 2012

One Day at a Time

1-29-12

Lauren,

There is one question that I kind of hate.  I know you're young, but has anyone ever asked you where you see yourself in five years?  I hate it when people ask me that question.  I usually don't know how to answer it, either.  Typically I say, "I hate that question; I'm more of a one-day-at-a-time kind of person. Five years from now? Who knows? I probably will still be single, no kids, and hopefully I'll have my own place."  That's what I typically say.

One day at a time.  I like that idea.  Not worrying about yesterday, because it's already happened and there is nothing you can do to change it, and not stressing over what could happen one, two, five, or three hundred days from now.  I like just focusing on what's happening in my life here and now.  Some people could say this is foolish because I'm not planning for my future.  I don't see it that way, though.  Yes, I think about the future and what kind of person I want to be.  The reason I don't think too much about it, though, is because I don't want to spend the time I have right now stressing over the million things that could happen tomorrow. I hope that makes sense to you.  Focus on today...it'll make life just a little bit easier.

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment