Friday, January 27, 2012

Notice the Simple Things

1-27-12

Lauren,

Do you ever stop and notice the way something makes you feel?  You know the saying to "stop and smell the roses," right?  That's what I'm talking about.  If you haven't, you should really try to stop and recognize the simple things of everyday life.

Right now, the rain is coming down pretty hard outside.  I don't know how rain makes you feel, but for me it is very calming.  Maybe it's the constant sound, the gray skies, or the fact that water relaxes me.  Whatever it is, the rain just puts me in a certain peaceful mood.

Something else I noticed is about singing.  I absolutely love to sing.  I don't think that will ever change.  There's just something about the way certain notes feel in my chest that makes me feel soulful.  Some artists, like Amy Winehouse, Etta James, Evanescence, and Breaking Benjamin to name a few, really bring this feeling out more than others.  Maybe it's their lyrical content, or the range of notes they sing in, just something about them gives me more "soul."

So try it one day.  Notice the small things and how they make you feel.  It could be a song, a certain shirt you like to wear, or even a smell (I love the smell of vanilla).  Whether it's one of these things or something else,  noticing these things will help you know yourself better, and it'll probably make you smile.

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment