Thursday, January 26, 2012

What It Means to Be Your Sister: Pt. 1

1-19-12

Lauren,

Here lately I've been thinking about what it means to be someone's big sister, or in my case, two people's big sister.  Honestly I can say I never thought about it in the past, probably because I just didn't care.  You are so much younger, and Chrysta is always doing her own thing, so I guess I thought it didn't really matter what I did as the oldest child.

But here lately my view on that is starting to change a bit.  It's not really changing in the way that I feel I need to protect you.  I guess it's just that I'm more aware now of what kind of impact I can have on you.

When you posted that song, "You're the Reason," on my Facebook, I think it kinda hit me.  And then there are the times when you tell your friends that I'm "crazy" and what not.  That's when I realize that you look up to me.

I know you don't have any younger siblings, but you do have your niece, and so maybe on day you'll feel the same way.  I'm not perfect, never have been, but I'll try my best to keep this in mind when making decisions.  And hopefully you like what I'm doing with this blog, and can be proud of me for it.

Love,

Meghan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghFZG4qVmXE&feature=share

No comments:

Post a Comment